International Technology Education Association (ITEA) Standards for Technological Literacy
Chapter 3 Nature of Technology
1. The Characteristics and Scope of Technology.
2. The Core Concepts of Technology.
3. Relationshops Among Technologies and the Connections Between Technology and Other Fields.
Chapter 4 Technology and Society
4. The Cultural, Social, Economic, and Political Effects of Technology.
5. The effects of Technology on the Environment.
6. The Role of Society in the Development and Use of Technology.
7. The Influence of Technology on History.
Chapter 5 Design
8. The Attributes of Design.
9. Engineering Design.
10. The Role of Troubleshooting, Research and Development, Invention, and Innovation, and Experimentation in Problem Solving.
Chapter 6 Abilities for a Technological World
11. Apply Design Processes.
12. Use and Maintain Technological Products and Systems.
13. Asses the Impact of Products and Systems.
Chapter 7 The Designed World
14. Medical Technologies.
15. Agricultural and Related Biotechnologies.
16. Energy and Power Technologies.
17. Information and Communication.
18. Transportation Technologies.
19. Manufacturing Technologies.
20. Construction Technologies.