Enter the Pioneer 10 Virtual Conference
Following are a few simple instructions that will make it easier to
become familiar with WebChat.
Entering Your Name:
- You should always begin a chat by identifying yourself!
- Handle Box: Below the large
white chat box, you will find a smaller white box that asks for your
"Handle." In this box you will want to be sure and type your name
and school name. Try and keep this abbreviated as the field is not
- An example: Pat/Lincloln Elem.
- Hit the "Chat Button" to save this information.
- Pause Button: IF you have entered
a number in the "Refresh Rate" window, you will need to hit the "Pause
Button" before you begin to type your message in the "Chat Window."
This will stop the refresh while you type your message. (If you have
not entered a number in the "Refresh Rate" box you will not see the
- Chat Window: To send a message
to the rest of the group, type it into the large white window.
- Chat Button: Once you have
completed your message hit the "Chat Button" to send your message out
to the other participants.