Experiment: Air Has Weight
2 balloons of equal size
string or thread
yard (meter) stick
Experiment Set Up
* Inflate both balloons as equally as possible.
* Find the center of gravity for the stick and tie the string around that
point leaving a length of 10 inches.
* Cut two equal lengths of string.
* Tape one end of a piece of string to one end of the stick and tape the
other end to a balloon.
* Repeat with the other balloon and string.
* Double-check the center of gravity on the stick.
1. Hold stick horizontally by string tied
at its center of gravity.
2. Observe and record.
3. Take the pin and carefully pop the balloon so that it does not disintegrate
into small pieces. It is important to keep the balloon intact when releasing
the air from it.
4. Hold stick horizontally by the string.
5. Observe and record.
Experiment: Air Has Weight Key