Experiment: The Force of Thrust
three meters of fishing line, secured at one end
Experiment Set Up
* Secure one end of the fishing line to a wall or
sturdy table leg, etc.
* Tape the straw length-wise to the elongated balloon.
* Inflate the balloon, but do not tie it off. Pinch the mouth closed.
* Thread the unsecured end of the fishing line through the straw so that
the mouth of the balloon is not pointed toward the secured end.
1. Pull the fishing line tight and release the mouth
of the balloon.
2. Observe and record.